Your Site Isn't Optimized for Conversion
Maybe it's because your call to action buttons are green, and your website visitors mostly only like to click on red buttons. Yep, it's definitely that.
It sounds absurd, and it's definitely a bit more complicated than that, but the basic concept is that your visitors won't click, register, buy or signup until they are good and ready, and they like what they see.
The objective is to connect business objectives with feature sets, user interfaces, and measurable outcomes. Identify the profitable actions, the trigger activities, and also the supporting information that can help overcome anxieties and objections. When we find the data that can be the driver for a continual improvement process, it can bring greater and greater levels of return on investment.
“Supposing is good,” advised Mark Twain, "but finding out is better.”"Digital Analytics is the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from your business and the competition to drive a continual improvement of the online experience that your customers and potential customers have which translates to your desired outcomes"
~Avinash Kaushik (Author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Web Analytics)
At Tesserac we like begin with a UX assessment of:
- Overall Website Strategy: What are your business goals for the website?
- Audience Insights: Who are your targeted personas? (ideal visitors)
- Content Strategy: What attracts visitors to the website? How are they engaged? What would make them want to return?
- User Journeys & Task Flows: What is the mental model of the site? What do visitors need to accomplish on the site?
- Conversion Optimization: What are the barriers that visitors encounter when exploring the website? What attitudes or concerns would prevent them from taking action? Why might they hesitate?
"So, if #5 is what is going to tell you why people aren't buying/clicking/registering, can you just skip ahead to that one???"
Noooooooo. You can’t read the label if you’re inside the jar! We need to begin at the beginning! Dig up the data. Build a strong foundation and all that good stuff. YEAH!
Ready to talk about what this looks like for your website? »